Another great text editor, free to everyone, but you can contribute to the project by paying for the license.
sublime text 2: http://www.sublimetext.com/2
By installing sublime package control, you can benefit from diverse plugins.
package control installation: http://wbond.net/sublime_packages/package_control/installation
List of community packages: http://wbond.net/sublime_packages/community
List of packages I use
Setting up build system
Go to Tools -> Build System -> New Build System, and add your own build script. For example, mine is like this.
"cmd": ["cmd.exe", "/c", "rake", "run_jstests", "build_section=files"],
You can look at the comprehensive keyboard shortcuts, yet the below are my favourites.
- open console: ctrl + '
- open command pallete: ctrl + shift + p
- find in files: ctrl + shft + F
- reveal in sidebar: unfortunately, no shortcut key yet. right on the view and select it
- Quick-open files by name: ctrl + p
- Go to word in the current file: ctrl + ;
- Duplicate line(s): ctrl + shft + d
- move line/selection up: ctrl + shft + up arrow
- move line/selection down: ctrl + shft + down arrow
- align variables declaration (alignment): ctrl + alt + a